Sunday 6 June 2010

Bit of a catch up!

Oh my goodness, where is the year going?? I can't believe we are nearly half way through 2010 already and this is my first blog of the year. What has been going on?? Well, 2010 started well, with lots of snow falling in North Wales and an excursion out into the hills, with good friend Aled, to test out my new winter boots, crampons and axe. The conditions were fantastic and it was set to be a good few months. Unfortunately, walking to the car with my new pup Bailey and slipping on the ice put a kibosh on my winter plans. A week later, with a steel plate and five screws in my ankle, Bailey and I headed down to Tunbridge Wells to be looked after by my lovely parents. Not quite the winter I had in mind! So now spring has sprung and summer is well on her way - I am already peeling on my back!
My year really began in April, once I was off crutches and back in action. Since then I have been up Snowdon a couple of times, visited The Old Man of Coniston, got back on the rock, swum Derwent Water and finally got back in a sea kayak. I have yet to get back on my bike, but it won't be long :)
The really scary thing about how quick the time is slipping by is that it is now only four weeks until I head off on expedition to Ecuador with Eastbourne College! Watch this space for the blog postings on that trip - I will be sure to keep it updated. Until then, ciao for now xx

No comments:

Post a Comment